As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2018 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2018, NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) – 2018 (NEET-UG-2018) will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMERPuducherry.
Following is stated in the regulations:-
The Central Board of Secondary Education will conduct the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in the session 2018-19 on 6th May, 2018 (Sunday).
The NEET UG Entrance Test shall consist of one paper in all languages containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine- gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by CBSE at examination centre only.
Eligibility for appearing in NEET (UG) is as stipulated in Indian Medical Council Act-1956/Regulations as amended in 2018 and the Dentists Act-1948/Regulations as amended in 2018. Eligibility as per related regulations is as follows:-
The Age criteria for appearing in NEET (UG) - 2018 is as follows:
For Candidates of Unreserved Category (UR)
born on or between 07.05.1993 and 01.01.2002
For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PH Category
born on or between 07.05.1988 and 01.01.2002
Schedule for on-line submission of application NEET UG - 2018
08.02.2018 (Thursday) to 09.03.2018 (Friday) upto 23:50 Hrs. (IST)
Schedule for successful payment of online fee
08.02.2018 (Thursday) to 10.03.2018 (Saturday) upto 23:50 Hrs. (IST)
Correction in Application Form
12.03.2018 (Monday) to 16.03.2018 (Friday)
Date of uploading of Admit Cards on website
2nd Week of April, 2018
Date of Examination, NEET (UG) - 2018
Display of OMR Sheet
Will be intimated on website
Display of Answer Key
Declaration of Result
The CBSE will provide the facility of downloading Admit Cards of NEET (UG) on the Board‟s website. Candidates are required to download the admit cards from the website and follow the instructions given therein. Candidate may please note that admit cards will not be sent by post. When candidate will download the Admit Card, a copy of the same in pdf format will also be emailed to the candidate on the registered email id. The Admit Card will bear the candidate‟s Roll Number, Name, Father‟s Name, Category, Sub-Category, Photograph, Signature, Date of Birth, Language of Question Paper with Name and Address of examination centre allotted. The candidate should carefully examine the NEET UG 2018 Admit Card downloaded by him/her for all the entries madetherein.
REQUIREMENT OF AADHAR
Aadhaar was introduced in the year 2017 successfully. 97% candidates registered for the NEET(UG), 2017 with the help of Aadhaar number/Aadhaar Enrolment number/Aadhaar Registration Number. Remaining 3% candidates registered the application form with Bank Account number/Passport number/Ration card number and other Government valid Identity Cards. Accordingly, the same practice is being followed for NEET (UG), 2018.
The Central Board of Secondary Education will prepare an All India Merit List of successful candidates of NEET (UG) – 2018 on the basis of the eligibility criteria provided by the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India as given in Graduate Medical Education Regulations-1997 issued under Indian Medical Council Act-1956 and BDS Course Regulations, 2007 issued under the Dentists Act, 1948. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
A list of the successful candidates in order of All India Rank based on the score obtained in the examination will be prepared by the CBSE.
COUNSELLING AND ADMISSION:
Candidates wishing to apply for admission in medical colleges of U.T. of Puducherry have to register in CENTAC (Centralized Admission Committee, Pondicherry Engineering College Campus) through online. CENTAC MD/MS Merit list, CENTAC Counselling date and Information Bulletin and other details can be accessed from CENTAC website www.centaconline.in
LIST OF CITIES FOR CENTRES OF NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (NEET UG -2018)
DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI
DAMAN & DIU